We will be street marching everyday this week during class. All students will need to have their tennis shoes for rehearsal EVERY DAY.
Here are a few things you need to know about the parade:
1. Parade will be on Saturday, September 26th at 9am
2. This is a required performance, and it will be for a grade. It has been on the band calendar since the first day of school.
3. If your student is failing any of his/her classes, he/she will be considered ineligible to participate in the parade. Ineligible students will be required to do an alternative assignment to make up for not being able to participate in this required performance.
4. Last Friday, students were given a playing test on the memorization of the Victory March (our parade tune). If your student did not receive a passing score on this test, he/she will be required to make it up on Monday to be eligible to participate in the parade.
5. All students will meet at the Middle School Room at 8:15am to warm up for the parade. Please understand that your student needs to be in his/her spot with everything ready at 8:15am--not just walking in the door. Plan to get there 5-10 minutes early to ensure your student is not tardy. Allow time for traffic--roads will be closed, and it will be busy!
6. Uniform for the parade will be blue jeans (no holes), tennis shoes, and MS Band t-shirt (tucked in).
7. The MS Band t-shirt will be the same as last year. All 7th graders and a few 8th graders have ordered a MS Band t-shirt. A payment of $17 for your students' shirt will be due by Friday, September 25th. If you are unsure of whether or not your student ordered a shirt, please check with your student.
8. Once the MS Band is through the parade, we will walk back to the MS Band Room to put everything away. At this time, your student is dismissed for the day (at approximately 9:45am).
9. Get ready for a FANTASTIC performance! The students are going to look and sound AWESOME!
10. Attached is some information regarding the Hot Dog Eating Contest that will be hosted by the band program that morning at 11am. If you can, plan to stick around for this event! It was loads of fun last year!
As always, thank you so much for your continued support of this program and your student! It does not go unnoticed! If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!