Beginning of the Year Information
1. Students will be given band handbooks on the first day of school. Please read thoroughly and become familiar with the policies, rules, and expectations of the band, as there have been changes! Please return the contract which is to be signed by both the student AND the parent/guardian.
2. Students need to make sure that they have all supplies needed for their instrument and bring them to school. We will start playing in class on Friday! MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE A PENCIL IN CLASS!
3. Middle School Band class supplies needed for the year will be:
- Instrument with all supplies needed for that instrument.
- Order supplies from: http://edmondmusicinc.com/c-121-perkins-tryon.aspx
- Black ½” 3 ring binder (must not be bigger than ½”) - purchase from the band director for $4
- Package of sheet protectors
- Essential Elements book that was used in class last year. We will use this for review until the class is ready to move to the next book.
4. Middle School JAZZ BAND class supplies (in addition to the above) needed for the year will be:
- All students will need to purchase First Place for Jazz. Books must be paid for before they are given to the student. Please make checks payable to P-T Bands or bring exact change.
- Woodwind and Brass books - $9
- Rhythm Section books - $10
5. All students that use school instruments will need to pay a $50 maintenance fee. More information regarding this policy will be in the Band Handbook.
6. Percussion students in the 7th and 8th grades will be required to purchase a stick/mallet bag through the band office. This bag will include marching snare sticks and yarn mallets. This will be a one-time purchase; however, if any item(s) becomes lost and/or broken, that item(s) will need to be replaced. These sticks bags can be purchased through the band office for $46.90.
7. Information about the band and band announcements will be posted at:
- Please check the website regularly. You can also find things such as: band calendar, the band handbook, handbook contracts, etc.
8. If you have any questions and/or concerns, please contact us.