2. The 7th/8th grade band will be marching in the Old Settlers' Day Parade on Saturday, September 24th at 9am. We have already begun practicing for this event. Students need to have tennis shoes and a bottle of water for class everyday.
3. Students will have a playing test over "Victory March" on Wednesday, September 14th. This must be played from memory! Students who do not pass this test will have until Monday, September 19th to make it up for partial credit.
4. Percussion students will audition for parts (i.e. snare, tenors, bass drum, etc.) sometime this week.
5. Uniform for the parade will be MS Band tshirt (tucked in), blue jeans (no holes), and tennis shoes. If students ordered a MS Band tshirt, $15, payable to P-T Bands, will be due on Wednesday, September 14th.
6. Students that are ineligible and/or do not pass the "Victory March" playing test will not be permitted to march in the parade. Students that are not permitted to march due to grades and/or the playing test, will need to complete an alternative assignment to earn credit for the missed performance.
7. Beginning band students will be getting their instruments this week. ALL STUDENTS MUST HAVE A NAME TAG ON HIS/HER INSTRUMENT. If a student's name is not on an instrument, it is easily carried off by the wrong student.
If you and your student have not already signed up for the remind text messages, please do so! We send a great deal of information out via remind. Instructions for signing up are below.
7th Grade Band Students
Text “@pt7band” to 81010 or (405) 547-9829
8th Grade Band Students
Text “@pt8band” to 81010 or (405) 547-9829
Middle School Jazz Band Students
Text “@ptmsjazz” to 81010 or (405) 547-9829