1. We are using the same HS band shirt as last year. EVERYONE must have one of these shirts. If you need one or if you need a new one for whatever reason, the cost is $17 each. (2XL and 3XL will be $19 each.) I will need to know the size of t-shirt TOMORROW!
2. If anyone in your family wants a shirt, we can also order them one. However, I will need payment for any extra shirts by Friday or they will not be ordered. I was left with SEVERAL shirts last year that were ordered by other people and were never paid for.
3. We will do a second order for shirts in September that will also include long-sleeve t-shirts.
4. There are still a couple of students that haven't not tried on marching shoes. This also needs to be done tomorrow. After I have everyone's size, I can determine how many pairs of shoes I need to order. I will let you know the cost of those ASAP.
5. We will not be playing our instruments tomorrow as we will need to take care of the "first day of school" business. This will include going through band handbooks and expectations. You will receive a copy of the band calendar with your handbook. The calendar can also be found on this website. If you would like to download a copy of the calendar, click on the "Downloads" tab at the top of the page. You can also click on the "Calendar" tab to see the Google calendar. I HIGHLY recommend you sync the band calendar to your smartphone, tablet, computer, etc. Any updates or changed we need to make to the calendar will be put in our Google calendar immediately and will automatically change on whatever device you have it synced to.
6. On Friday, we will still begin class at 8:15 and will rehearse music inside. Make sure all music is in flip folders and not loose. I found quite a bit of music laying around after camp.
7. On Monday, 8/17, we will be our 7:30 rehearsal schedule. This means we will start promptly at 7:30. In order for you to be on time, you need to arrive to the band room by 7:20 to allow enough time to get together everything you need. Attendance will be take at 7:30. If you arrive after that or are not in place, you will be counted late.
8. Those of you that play percussion or have ANY school instruments checked out to you, there will be a $50 maintenance/usage/rental fee. This is a yearly fee that has been put in place to help offset the cost of upkeep on the instruments. You will receive a form this week stating what instruments are checked out to you. (Percussion will receive a different form.) That form will need to be signed and brought back with a $50 check ASAP.
I am VERY excited about this upcoming school year and the possibilities coming our way! Let's work together and make this year the absolute best it can be!!