1. COME TO CAMP WITH YOUR MUSIC PREPARED! You have been given music and sound files have been made available on this site for you to use. Remember, every single member plays a role and we are all counting on each other to do our jobs. Make it a priority to be prepared.
2. Try to have as much of music memorized as possible. The sooner it is memorized, the easier it will be for you as we go through marching season. Music that needs to be memorized is: Victory March, Bohemian Rhapsody, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Another One Bites the Dust (percussion and tubas), We Will Rock You, and Oklahoma (parade tune). How do you memorize music? Play small sections at a time, first with music and then without. Once you can play it several times from memory, move on to the next section. Then, go back and put it all together. You will not immediate success overnight or even after a couple of days. IT WILL TAKE TIME. If you try to play it from beginning to end all the way through and memorize it, you will quickly realize that doesn't work. Small amounts, every day. Make it happen.
3. Items you need EVERY day at camp:
- instrument, reeds, valve oil, etc.
- flip folder
- lyre for your instrument
- BRING WATER!!!! ( We will be outside everyday from 10-12)
- sunscreen, sunglasses, hat (outdoors only)
- Lunch is from 12-1 every day. Either bring lunch with you or make plans accordingly. Students will be on their own during this time.
- TENNIS SHOES!! This is an absolute must in order to march correctly and safely. No boots, flip flops, or sandals (Exception: A hiking type of sandal with a heel strap and the sole is flexible like an athletic shoe: Chacos, Keens, etc. However, be aware that there might be stickers in the grass that could in the shoe.) STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO MARCH WITHOUT THE PROPER FOOTWEAR! My advice is to make sure they are old shoes as they will get dirty and wet. We have shelving to place shoes on so that students can leave them after rehearsals. They will start to stink. Trust me on this. :-)
- Wear appropriate clothing. The school dress code will be in effect.
- Whatever items are needed for fun activities at the conclusion of each day.
- A GREAT ATTITUDE!!
4. Make sure you have cleared ALL dates and times on your calendar! We look forward to seeing you soon and starting off a great year together!