Band shirts will be here this week! The HS band will wear casual uniforms for the game Friday night: band shirt (tucked in), jeans, and tennis shoes. All students and parents that ordered shirts need to pay for their shirts this week. Please make checks out to P-T Band.
Shirt prices are:
XS - XL $17
Band shoes are here. Students may pick those up from me this week. If you have not paid for shoes, they are $25 and need to be paid for this week.
After much consideration, we will now do the remainder of our BIG playing test for marching band via video. Students must send me a video of themselves playing through the song, FROM MEMORY, from beginning to end. Videos must be done in one take, not sections spliced together. I need to see the students playing with no music. Due dates for playing tests are as follows. All videos are due by 10:00 p.m. on the date indicated.
September 12 - We Will Rock You
September 19 - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
I hope this will encourage the students to put their best foot forward and take out some of the "nerve" factor in doing a memorized playing test. Students should NOT wait until the last minute to record and upload/send the video. It will take time to upload and process!!
Tests may be submitted several different ways:
1. Email the video to either: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Upload video to YouTube as an UNLISTED video. Send me the link to the video via email or text message.
3. Send me the video via text message.
4. Bring me the video on a flash drive. However, if this option is used, flash drives must be brought to me by the due date.
**If tests are not received by 10:00 p.m. on the due date, a late penalty will be assessed. If tests are not received by Monday, the student will receive a "zero" for the test grade.
September 12 - Football Game
- Report at 6:00 p.m. to HS Band Room - Move all percussion equipment to the stands/field
- Casual Uniform
- 7:00 - Kick-off
- 8:00 am - Report to HS Band Room - load equipment and uniforms
- 10:30 am - Parade starts
- At the conclusion of the parade, we will load everything and then stop to eat some lunch in Perry (students need to bring lunch money)
- 2:00 pm - Approximate return to Perkins
- Full uniform: band shirt, athletic shorts (underneath uniform pants), long black socks, jacket, pants, band shoes, baldric, cape, hat, plume
- 4:45 - Report to HS band room for rehearsal with alumni band. Students should wear band shirts.
- 5:45 - Dinner for HS band students and alumni band (Students need to bring $3)
- 6:05 - Change into full band uniform
- 6:30 - Homecoming coronation begins
- 7:00 - Kick-off: HS Band and Alumni Band will perform together at half-time
- 7:45-8:00 am - HS Band Room open to get instruments and uniforms
- 8:10 am - Meet at MS Band Room
- 9:30 am - Parade starts: At the conclusion of the parade, students may return to the MS Band Room to change out of uniforms. They should make arrangements for uniforms and instruments to leave the MS band room at this time. Students need to wear casual uniforms and report downtown to help with the Hot Dog Eating Contest scheduled to begin approximately 11:00 am. At the conclusion of cleaning up after the contest, students will be free to go.
We have an incredible, custom guitar that has been made by P-T Band dad, Roger Cowan of Dog Tired Guitars. Roger personally built the guitar and is donating it for a raffle to help raise funds for new uniforms. Tickets can be purchased at any P-T home football game, where the guitar will be on display. People who are not local may purchase tickets through the link on the band's home page. The drawing for the guitar will be on December 15 at the P-T Band Christmas Concert. Thank you so much, Roger, for taking the time to make such a beautiful instrument to donate to our cause!!