1. Friday - Game at Centennial (Taft Stadium)
- Call time will be 5:00 at the HS band room. We will plan on being in full band uniform (weather permitting). Students need to have casual uniforms just in case!! (Band shirt, blue jeans, tennis shoes)
- Students must be at the MS band room, dressed and ready to go at 8:15am. I will have the HS band room open for anyone needing to grab instruments, uniforms, etc. from 7:40am-7:55am. EVERYONE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING THEIR OWN INSTRUMENT TO AND FROM THE HS BAND ROOM ON SATURDAY. Large instruments will need to returned to the band room after the parade on Saturday.
- Again, we will plan to be in full uniform (weather permitting).
- If something needs to be changed due to weather, I will send out a Remind message as soon as I know something.
- I just found out about this yesterday when Mr. McElroy came to see me after band. It will be later in the evening, probably close to dark. Exact time is still to be determined.
- If your child is scheduled to work and is unable to change, please let me know. I know there will be a few conflicts, but otherwise everyone needs to be in attendance. This is a great event for our school and community and the band is a BIG part of it! I try very hard to give everyone plenty of notice, but this was sprung on me yesterday. :-)
- Call time will be 5:30 in uniform. (This might change next week.) We will need to be in the stands BEFORE Homecoming festivities start at 6:30. We will also have members of our Alumni Band with us.
- THIS WILL BE OUR FINAL MARCHING CONTEST SHOW PERFORMANCE FOR HALFTIME!! (We do something different for senior night.)
- Call time: 6:15 am to load everything!
- IT WILL BE A VERY LONG DAY!
- We are the VERY FIRST band to perform.
- This is a Prelims/Finals competition. The top 12 bands from Prelims will march in finals that will begin at 6:30. If we do not make finals, we will leave after that announcement happens at approximately 5:00pm. If we do make finals, we will not be home until LATE Saturday night.
- Admission Costs:
- Prelims only - $10
- Finals only - $10
- Prelims/Finals Combo - $15
- WE WILL NEED A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF PARENT HELP AT THIS CONTEST! WE WILL NEED PEOPLE TO HELP MOVE EQUIPMENT ON AND OFF THE FIELD, SOMEONE TO PULL THE TRAILER, MEALS TO BE PREPARED, ETC. Be on the lookout for a sign-up list soon. SERIOUSLY, WE CANNOT ATTEND THIS CONTEST WITHOUT YOUR HELP! (If you have ever sent me an email saying you would be happy to help in any way before, NOW IS THE TIME WE DESPERATELY NEED YOU!)
- Time is to be determined.
- Again, we will need parent help to move equipment on and off of the field.
- More details to come...
7. As Mr. Robinson and I told the kids on Monday morning, these next 2 1/2 weeks are critical. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE AT EVERY REHEARSAL EVERY SINGLE DAY! Please refrain from scheduling appointments and other things during rehearsal time until we get through marching season. The weather is not helping us right now and we may lose important, outside rehearsal time due to rain. It is very difficult if everyone is not there, as we have MANY changes to make and things to add to the show.
8. This gets us up to Fall Break. We will not be traveling to the away football game over fall break. Our final regular season game is on October 27 and is senior night. We will also have members of the 8th grade band and members of the OSU Marching Band in the stands with us. It will be a great way to wrap up our marching season!