1. Uniform Cleaning: All band uniforms, except football players and cheerleaders, MUST be cleaned BEFORE Friday night's game. We have three very important performances with a matter of days from each other. Uniforms need to look sharp. This also includes shoes as they need to be cleaned off. Uniforms must be cleaned at Duffy's Dry Clean City in Stillwater. It is on 6th street next to The Cat Clinic. They must be taken no later than Tuesday in order to be back in time for the game on Friday.
2. Homecoming Pep Rally: There is going to be a bonfire/pep rally in front of the high school on Wednesday, October 5 at 8:15pm. The band has been asked to play. Band students need to meet at the band room at 8:00pm to get instruments. This is voluntary, but we need as many of our members as possible to participate. It should be great night. The pep rally is scheduled to end at 8:45pm.
3. Friday night football game: Students will need to meet at the band room at 5:45 in order to get ready for the game. We will need to be in the stands no later than 6:30 for the start of Homecoming activities. We will also have alumni band members with us during the game. The alumni will be served a dinner starting at 6:00, so there will be a lot of activity going on in the building. In addition, we will also have members from the OSU marching band joining us in the stands. We will have a lot of people in the stands, which is going to be very exciting! It also means it will be very crowded in the stands. This will be the ONLY performance of the
entire show on our home field.
4. Saturday, Cleveland Invitational Marching Contest: We will meet at 9:45am to load the trailer and leave. We will arrive in Cleveland in time to watch 2 or 3 bands before the lunch break at noon. Students will either need to bring lunch or there will be a concession stand available. We will warm-up at 1:50 and are scheduled to perform at 2:20. The awards ceremony will start at approximately 3:15. After the awards ceremony, we will leave to come back to Perkins. We should be back between 4:30-5:00. Please plan to come and watch the kids perform. We are hoping for beautiful weather and an AWESOME performance. The kids thrive when we have a fan club in the audience!
5. OSSAA Regional Marching Contest in McAlester: Our regional marching contest is on Wednesday, October 12 and we will be traveling to McAlester. It will be a long day for everyone. We are still determining what time we leave in the morning, so I will let you know as soon as the decision is made. Students need to plan on buying both lunch and dinner for this trip. Our performance schedule at McAlester High School is as follows:
As soon as we get everything loaded and receive our score sheets, we are planning to leave. We will plan to stop and eat on the way home. Again, if you are able to join us, PLEASE come and watch the kids! This is the first step on the road to winning the OSSAA Sweepstakes Award. We are shooting for the 4th year in a row!
6. Uniform cleaning....again: After regional marching contest, EVERYONE will need to have uniforms cleaned again. This absolutely must be done as they will not be worn again until the Stillwater Christmas parade. However, there is an off chance they may be worn at a play-off game.
7. Concert Band: We will start concert band as soon as possible after marching contest. Being selected as an honor group to perform at the OkMEA state convention in January is a HUGE honor and will demand a lot from the students. If they play a different instrument for concert band, they need to make sure they have everything the need, such as reeds, valve oil, etc. Please order supplies from Edmond Music and they can be delivered directly to the school. The link is on the home page of the band website. We are planning to continue with 7:30 rehearsals to prepare for this prestigious concert as well as our Christmas concert in December.
8. Seattle Trip: Be looking for another email if you or your child are going to Seattle. I will create an email group so those emails go only to those people traveling. The next payment is due NO LATER than October 14. The payment is $250 per person.
9. ELIGIBILITY!!!! We have a handful of students that are currently failing classes. PLEASE check your child's grades online. They must be eligible in ALL classes by 3:00pm on Thursday in order to compete the following week at OSSAA Regional Marching contest. I will receive the eligibility list for this week sometime later today. If they are on the list this week, they cannot attend the contest on Saturday. It is absolutely ESSENTIAL to have everyone on the field!
If you have any questions, please let me know!