Just wanted to update everyone on upcoming events before Fall Break!
1. NCDA Honor Band Dues - Due by Friday, Sept. 28. It is $10 per entry.
2. Friday - We will NOT be attending the game in Blackwell. Buses will not be back in from routes until 5:30 or so, and it is far enough away we won't make it in time. (This was a tentative date on the band calendar.)
3. Saturday - Old Settlers' Day Parade
- HS band room open at 7:30 a.m.
- Students must be at the MS band room no later than 8:10 a.m.
- They must bring their own instruments, uniforms, hats, plumes, etc.!!
- Remember there will be a lot of extra traffic that morning, so give yourselves enough time to get the the MS.
- Parade starts at 9:00 a.m.
- Students need to return to the MS band room to get all of their belongings. At that time, they can take everything back to the HS band room. The HS band room will be locked at 11:00 a.m.
4. Thursday, October 4 - Football Game at Heritage Hall (This was a tentative date on the band calendar.)
- We WILL be attending the game. Yes, it is on Thursday night.
- This will be the only opportunity we have to run the entire show before District Contest on Oct. 10!
5. Wednesday, October 10 - OSSAA District Marching Contest in McAlester
- Finalized times will be coming soon, but we are scheduled in the afternoon and will be the last band of the day (unless something changes).
- STUDENTS MUST BE PASSING ALL CLASSES BY NEXT THURSDAY, OCTOBER 4, TO BE ELIGIBLE!!
6. Saturday, October 13 - Marching Contest in Beggs
- More details to come. This is a prelims/finals contest. Finals begin at 6:00 p.m. and massing of the bands/awards will be at 9:45 p.m. The top 12 bands from prelims will perform in finals. It will potentially be a LONG day.
- We are tentatively scheduled for prelims in the early afternoon. I should know actual times later this week.
I know there will be other things that come up and I will let you know about those items.
Please contact me if you have questions!