1. Start hydrating this week! That means drink a lot of water! Seriously.....start this week.
2. TENNIS SHOES are mandatory for band camp. (Sandals like Chaco's or something with a heel strap will also work, just be aware of the possibility of stickers.
3. BRING WATER EVERY SINGLE DAY!
4. Protect yourself from the sun! Sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, etc. are crucial for band camp. Being comfortable is very important!
5. It is YOUR responsibility to make sure you have all of your music printed off and arranged in your flip folder. Put your show tunes in the front of your flip folder (in show order) and then put all pep band music alphabetically. If you don't have access to a printer, there is always the public library.
6. Have the fight song memorized ASAP. Having that done before you come to camp is idea.
7. You will be expected to have a fairly good handle on all show tunes by the time camp starts. This includes percussion!
8. All upperclassmen need to bring their black gloves and marching shoes with them to camp on the first day!
9. Anyone needing gloves for your uniform will be charged $2.50.
10. For those needing marching shoes, there will be shoes available to try on during camp. If you need a bigger size, bring your old shoes back in and I will try to trade them out if I can.
11. IF YOU LEFT ITEMS IN YOUR LOCKER OVER THE SUMMER, THERE IS A STRONG POSSIBILITY THEY MAY NO LONGER BE THERE. Lockers have been cleaned out, which you were supposed to do before school was out.
12. When trying on uniforms, you MUST have a pair of thin athletic shorts and a t-shirt to do so.
13. You are expected to be at ALL rehearsals and be punctual. Ten minutes early is "on-time". I know there will be some conflicts with cheerleading, softball, and maybe a little bit with football. Other than those reasons, you are expected to be there. It is up to you to make sure you have transportation to and from camp. If you are needing a ride, contact friends!!
July 31-Aug 4 (Lunch from 11:30-12:30)
Monday: 8:30-3:00, Uniform check-out for Seniors/Junior WW
Tuesday: 8:30-3:00, Uniform check-out for Junior BR/ Junior & Sophomore PER
Wednesday: 8:30-3:00, Uniform check-out for Sophomore BR & WW
Thursday: 8:30-3:00, Uniform check-out form Freshmen WW
Friday: 8:30-3:00, Uniform check-out for Freshmen BR & PER
**When it is your day to try on uniforms, make sure you have what you need. (Upperclassmen, make sure you have your shoes and gloves there to put in your bag.) f it is your day to try on uniforms, you need to stay that day until you are finished.
Aug 7-Aug 11(Lunch from 12:00-1:00)
Monday: 10:00-3:00, Bowling in Cushing $$ 3:00-6:00
Tuesday: 10:00-3:00, Project Runway-Band Camp Edition (Volume 2) 3:00-5:00
Wednesday: 10:00-3:00, Games/Bingo 3:00-5:00
Thursday: 10:00-3:00, Movie Night (watch Les Miserables) 3:00-6:30
Friday: 10:00-3:00, Band Picnic at the Fagans' Residence 6:30-9:00 (All family members are invited to attend!)
Aug 14-Aug 18 (Lunch from 12:00-1:00 Monday and Tuesday)
Monday: 10:00-3:00, Swimming at Cushing Water Park $$, Return to Perkins by 6:15
Tuesday: 10:00-3:00, Skits 3:00-4:30
Wednesday: 10:00-12:00 (Meridian Tech starts classes!)
Thursday: 8:30-9:30 (approximately) Freshman Camp Performance (No actual band camp this day.)
Friday: 10:00-12:00 Final day!
**Students will never be left unsupervised at the band room if they would like to bring their lunch.
August 24 - First Day of School: 7:30am rehearsals will begin!
August 25 - First football game at Cushing!!!
Now....go drink lots of water! :-)