I have several announcements for this week. Please read through them thoroughly and let me know if you have any questions.
1. I still have a handful of students who need to pay for band shoes. The cost is $25. Please pay that as soon as possible.
2. Honor band entry fees are due ASAP. I have different deadlines for each band, so it would be easiest if everything is paid all at once. All entry fees are $10, with the exception of OMEA All-State Band which is $15.
3. FRIDAY: Call time will be 6:15 at the HS band room. We will be in full uniform provided the weather cooperates.
4. SATURDAY: Call time will be 8:15am at the MS band room for Old Settlers' Day Parade. Students are responsible for getting all uniforms and instruments there on Saturday morning. I will open the HS band room at 7:30 for those who need to pick anything up. The parade will start at 9:00.
5. HOT DOT EATING CONTEST: We will need approximately 15-20 students to help with the hot dog eating contest after the parade on Saturday. It will be held in front of the Lion's Den downtown and is fun for everyone! We also need lots of people to enter the contest. There is a FANTASTIC trophy for the winner in each age division. Trust me, you want to be there!
5. UNIFORMS: Parents, please check your child's uniform to make sure it is still in good shape after Saturday. More than likely, they will need to be taken to be dry cleaned VERY soon. They will need to be taken to Duffy's Dry Clean City on 6th street in Stillwater. All uniforms need to be cleaned BEFORE October 7. Please allow enough time to get them to the cleaners and picked up before they are needed again. PLEASE make sure you take care of this. The uniforms will start to smell pretty bad before too long and we don't want any dirt/stains setting in the white portions of the uniforms. They will also need to be cleaned again after marching contest on October 12.
If you have any other questions, please let me know!