- Plan a scheduled time for each day of practice
- Select a time after school when your student has the most energy
- Find a quiet place away from any disturbances
- Help set a goal for each practice session
- Provide a straight backed chair and music stand
- Sit with your budding musician as he/she practices
- Praise your student for their efforts and progress
Your student will be asking you to sign their Practice Report prior to the weekly due date (Friday of every week). Attached is a Daily Practice Guide that will help your student have the most productive practice session possible and the first Practice Report. Students were given a copy of their first practice report last Friday. The first one will be due this coming Friday, September 30th. Please note that practice reports account for 20% of your students overall grade.
If you have any questions about practice procedures, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your help in this matter.
Practice Reports can be downloaded under the Downloads tab on the menu bar.