1. Everyone needs a small, spiral memo book with a string attached, so it can hang around your neck for drill charts and instructions. Those are needed on Monday!
2. Band shoes are $25 for those that needed them. Please pay that ASAP.
3. Students who already have band shoes need to bring them to school on Monday to put in their uniform bags. We are planning to take a group band picture this week.
4. Shirts designs are being finalized. We will have a price on those soon. PARENTS: If you would like a shirt, email me your sizes. This shirt design will be used for everything: All HS Band Functions, Band Boosters, Alumni Band, etc. It will also be used year after year. This isn't just a "this year" shirt. We have a really cool design and want to utilize it for more than just a "marching band" shirt.
5. Playing Tests - Parents and students: Everyone has a job as a part of this organization to be able to perform their music at a satisfactory level. This includes the memorization of all our half-time music, school fight song, and Oklahoma. Playing tests to check accuracy and memorization began last week and will continue every week as needed. If a student does not pass their playing test the first time, they will be given the opportunity to make it up by a certain date. If they do not come back in to make it up, they will receive the original grade. PARENTS: Please check up on your child's practicing. Have them play for you. Make sure they are doing their job. If they never bring their instrument and home and play, they are not fulfilling their obligation to this group. STUDENTS: Do your job! That way, your parents don't have to hound you. Don't let everyone else in your band family down. Set a high standard of excellence for yourself. That is what we expect. Mediocre is not ok.
6. FUNDRAISER: Our Cherrydale Farms fundraiser kicked off on Thursday. I know it is not everyone's idea of fun, but is SO important for the funding of our program. This money is not going toward uniforms. This money allows us to fund our day-to-day operations. If you find people that do not want to "buy" something, ask if they would be willing to make a donation to our program. That way all of the money goes straight to the band program. All fundraisers forms are due by Thursday, August 28!
7. School Instrument/Percussion Contracts: These will be sent home this week. They need to be signed and returned with the $50 fee as soon as possible.
PARENTS: If you do not have a login to check your child's grades through the STI Information Now Parent Portal, please contact the office to get one. PLEASE check your child's grades regularly. Grades are already being posted by teachers and it doesn't take long for a missing assignment or two to become a very big issue in a class.
ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: We were nominated by the P-THS Cheerleaders and we will complete our challenge on Monday around 4:00 on our practice field! Let's donate as much as we can to a worthy cause! Please bring a bucket and towel. If you are able to get ice after school, plan to do so. We can fill up buckets in the band room.