1. Early rehearsals will begin on the FIRST day of school. We will start PROMPTLY at 7:30am with everyone ON THE PRACTICE FIELD. That means students need to be at the band room by 7:20 in order to get everything ready and be outside in their spot by 7:30. If a student is not in their spot when the whistle is blown with everything they need, they will be counted late. If a student arrives after 8:15, FOR ANY REASON, when the bell rings, he or she will need to check in at the office before being allowed to join class.
2. Starting on Monday, ALL COLOR GUARD AND PERCUSSION STUDENTS, will need to be at the band room by 7:15am for warm-ups. If they arrive after 7:15 for any reason, they will be counted late.
3. If a student is late, it is their responsibility to talk to Mrs. Cartmell directly as to why they were not at rehearsal on time. This will determine whether they will be excused or not. If they do not talk to her, it will be considered unexcused.
4. Attendance is part of a high school band member's grade. Being late to rehearsal is unacceptable, except for extenuating circumstances. Being late will affect a student's grade. If it becomes a constant issue, the student may removed from performances or possibly removed from class.
5. ALL PERFORMANCES ARE REQUIRED AS PART OF HIGH SCHOOL BAND! There are VERY FEW exceptions to this rule: death in the family, EXTREME illness, or school activity that cannot be avoided. Students missing performances for any other reason will be considered an unexcused absence and cannot be made up. This is why we put our calendar out so far in advance. We are a performing organization and must have all our members present.
6. A phone call, text message, email, etc., will work, but I must hear from you. We had SEVERAL cases during band camp when students missed and I heard nothing about why they weren't there. My cell number is 405-880-7952 and you can always email me.
7. Please make sure you have all band dates on your calendar. You can always see the calendar on the band's website (which is always updated as we find out information).
6:15pm - Students need to be at the band room in casual uniform. (HS Band shirt-tucked in, blue jeans, tennis shoes, belt-optional).
7:00pm - Kick-off (Band will play throughout the game in the stands.)
Half-time - Band will perform the opening number of our marching show!!!
End of Game - All members return to band room to put everything away.
***Students need to be picked up PROMPTLY after the game.